Lights Switch-On 2013
The Old Market Square, Nottingham
Wednesday 20th November 2013
From 5.30pm onwards, lights switch-on 6.20pm
The start of Nottingham's 2013 Christmas
celebrations will be officially launched on the 20th November
with the annual Christmas lights switch-on.
The Old Market Square will be transformed
into a magical Christmas Wonderland scene.
For 2013 the popular outdoor
ice rink will make a welcome return surrounded by Christmas
trees, a Christmas
Market with Tudor style wood cabin stalls selling traditional
Olde English Christmas food and drink, as well as crafts
and Christmas gifts.
|You can enjoy a festive tipple
in the Christmas bar overlooking the ice rink while listening
to live music performed from the bandstand.
- 5.30 - 8.30pm - Street entertainment from Mr Scrooge
and Mr Scratchit, Lairy Fairy and the Magic Xmas Pudding
- 5.30 - 6.20pm - Capital FM's Dino and Pete host Christmas
- 6.20pm - Light Switch on by teenagers from the Nottingham
Children's Hospital and performance on the ice by Freddie
- 6.30-7.30pm - Robin Hood Youth Orchestra
- 7.30-8.30pm - Southwell Minster Choir
For more information contact the Nottingham
Tourism Centre on 08444 77 5678